I made this recipe a couple weeks ago and it was really good. It makes a big batch so invite someone over and enjoy!
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 strips of quality thick bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used one regular and one Heart Healthy)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 box (13 ounces) dried spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cook & crumble bacon. While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized chunks. Set cooked bacon aside for later use. In the same pan, cook chicken in some of the bacon drippings. Add garlic powder & salt & pepper to taste.
While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to directions. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Drain pasta, return to pot. Add chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese ~ stir to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon. Top with remaining Monterrey Jack cheese. Back at 400 for about 20 minutes, just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top. Serve with vegetables on the side.