Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce
- cream 3 tablespoons of butter with one cup of sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup water that has been mixed with 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Combine 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. baking soda and mix into the batter.
- Add 2 cups uncooked whole cranberries and stir until evenly mixed.
- Makes 18 muffins or two pie pans. (grease the pie pans first)
- Bake 30 minutes for muffins or 40 minutes for pie pans at 350 degrees.
- For a 9" x 12" cake pan size, I make one and one-half recipes.
- 1/2 pound (one cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- the rest of the can of evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Bring to a boil and pour desired amount over each serving of cake. Serve hot.