- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10 oz. can of Ro Tel (brand) diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 pound ground seasoned pork sausage
- one-half tsp. dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- one and three-quarters cup cream (or half and half)
- one-half cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- one-half tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- 1 12-oz. box of bow tie pasta
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, pepper flakes, onion and garlic and cook about 6 minutes.
Blend salt with cornstarch in a bowl and add to sausage mix.
Blend together the tomatoes and cream and add to sausage mix.
Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
Prepare pasta according to box directions, stirring constantly to prevent sticking. Drain water and add the pasta to the sausage and cream mixture. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve with your favorite bread and dipping oil, and garden salad.