Original Puppy Chow
- 9 cups crispy rice cereal squares, I used Chex
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- In a large saucepan* over low heat, melt the chocolate.
- When the chocolate has melted, add the peanut butter and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the cereal and stir until coated. You want to be careful and not break up the cereal too much.
- Put the powdered sugar in a large gallon baggie, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. You may have to do the coating in two batches. Spread the coated cereal out on wax paper to cool and dry. Then store in air tight containers.
*If you don’t have a large saucepan, you can put the cereal in a large bowl and pour the melted mixture over the top and mix. If you are planning to make several batches, this is the better way so your saucepan doesn’t get messed up with the cereal.