- 2 8-ounce containers of plain yogurt (Greek yogurt works best with the heavier consistency)
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (or 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons of lemon juice) If you roll the lemon around on the counter you will get more juice.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled (you can use less if you prefer)
Combine all your ingredients in the food processor or blender. You want the ingredients to be well combined. You decide if you want your sauce to be a little chunky or smoother. For my gyros I prefer the sauce to be slightly chunky. However, if it is going to be a veggie dip, I would blend it longer. Refrigerate in a covered container for at least an hour.