Carolina Hot Pot
WW points: approx. 2 per cup
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (OR 2 cans cooked chicken)
- 2 (14 oz.) cans corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can light kidney beans
- 1 (29 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz.) can Ro*tel tomatoes (spicy diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1 T. chili powder (optional)
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- lime (optional)
Open cans and empty contents, including all liquids, into a large crock pot. Add cooked and cubed chicken. Add chili powder and dressing mix. Stir well. Heat thoroughly and serve in bowls. Squirt a bit of lime juice in each portion upon serving. Makes a big crock full.
Variation: Ro*tel has several varieties. To Deanna’s Scandinavian taste the original variety is too spicy. There is a milder variety available, and also a spicier one!