- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces (be sure it is dry)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside until cool enough to chop into small pieces. In a 9×13 inch pan layer the lettuce followed by the peas, green pepper, bacon, cauliflower and celery.
- 2. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and the sugar. Spread mixture over salad. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and chill for at least 8 to 12 hours before serving.