Canadian Bacon Wild Rice Soup
- One-half cup wild rice (rinsed and washed thoroughly)
- One and one-half cup water
- 1 (8 oz) package Canadian Bacon or regular bacon fried crisp and crumbled.
- One-half cup chopped onions, sautéed in small amount of butter
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- 1 soup can of water
- one quart of milk
- two and one-half cup grated American Cheese
Bring wild rice and water to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add bacon, onions, soup, water and milk. Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring often. Stir in cheese shortly before serving.