Baked Potato Soup
- 4 to 6 medium baked potatoes
- three-fourths cup chopped onion
- one-half cup butter
- one-half cup flour
- 4 and one-half cup chicken broth
- one-half tsp. basil
- one-half tsp. of seasoned salt
- one-fourth tsp. of each of the following: celery salt, garlic powder, onion salt, pepper, sage, and dried thyme
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese OR shredded American Cheese for a different flavor
- 12 strips fried bacon, crumbled, or 2 cups finely-diced ham
Saute onions in butter. Add flour and all the spices. Slowly add the chicken broth, stirring constantly while adding. Boil 2 minutes. Add potatoes (diced with skins on).
Simmer 10 minutes or more. Add milk, bacon or ham, and cheese. Heat thoroughly.
Garnish with green onions and sour cream if desired.
This recipe makes 10 to 12 servings.