- 1 pound ground beef (or up to one and one-fourth pounds)
- 1 pound pork sausage (I use the seasoned kind)
- Mix together with your fingers in a large bowl
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 15 soda crackers, crushed
- Three-fourths cup 2% milk (or 1%)
Mix all together and put in a meat loaf or bread pan. Put ketchup on top and spread it evenly over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 and a half hours. If it starts to get too dark on top, cover it with foil and continue baking.
I goes well with baked potatoes and either whole kernel corn or corn casserole (see newsletter 88 for the corn casserole recipe – another family favorite)