- 8 oz. Ritz or Town House crackers, crushed
- 1 stick of butter (one-half cup) melted
- Mix crushed crackers with melted butter and place three-fourths of this mixture in the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking pan.
- Boil a whole chicken or 4 chicken breasts, cool, and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Place cut-up chunks of cooked chicken (or left-over turkey) over cracker mixture. Drain water off an 8 oz can of sliced water chestnuts and place water chestnuts over chicken.
- Combine two cans of Cream of Chicken soup with 8 oz sour cream. Pour into pan to cover all ingredients. Put remainder of crumbs over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I like to add frozen peas before I pour the soup/sour cream mixture over the top. Serve with green salad and bread. Delicious!