Annie’s Greek Potato Salad
- 10 medium thin-skinned red or white potatoes, cut in chunks, with skins left on
- About two-thirds of a 15-oz jar of roasted peppers in vinegar, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes or 1 medium beefsteak tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- one-half medium white or red sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 large black olives, preferably Greek, pitted and chopped
- one-half cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- one-fourth cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. Feta, rinsed of brine and patted dry, cut in one-half inch cubes
- Several lashings of freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- About one-fourth cup olive oil
Steam the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Put the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the rest of the solid ingredients. Squeeze the lemon juice over all. Mix gently. Add the oil. Mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, mix again and taste for seasoning. Feta tends to be quite salty and the jarred peppers also contain salt so I usually do not find it necessary to add more salt to this dish.
These amounts make a lot, probably 10-12 servings.