Keeping with the Think Pink theme for October, here is a quick cranberry salad that can be made ahead and frozen! It is really pretty when it is sliced.
THINK PINK CRANBERRY SALAD
- 2 three-ounce packages light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar*
- 2 Tablespoons lite mayonnaise
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (9 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
*Healthy Option: unrefined sugar (Sucanat or Rapadura)
- Prepare a mold or loaf pan by spraying it with vegetable spray or lining it with plastic wrap.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple and nuts.
- Whip the whipping cream to a stiff peak stage. (Using a cold bowl and beaters will make the process go faster.)
- Fold the whipped cream into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your mold and freeze. The salad, or leftovers, can be kept in the freezer for up to two weeks.)
- When you are ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Turn out onto your serving platter, slice, and enjoy.