I noticed that my strawberry plants made it through the extended winter cold, yards of snow, and even minor flooding. In fact, they have blooms on them. It’s incredible! Soon I’ll have fresh strawberries for this quick, easy, and healthy salad. Serves 8.
Spinach And Strawberry Salad
- Fresh baby spinach leaves from the garden (or one 9 oz package)
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- White Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Clean the spinach and remove any stems. Place them in a salad bowl.
- Add the chopped green onions.
- Lightly coat the spinach with the olive oil
- Chill the salad
- When you are ready to serve, rinse and dry the strawberries, then slice
- Add the strawberries and almonds to the salad to the spinach
- Just before serving sprinkle with white balsamic vinegar to taste
- Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper, toss and serve