I love this time of year because it is when I can get the great big candy and caramel apples from the stores. Some are covered in caramel, some in chocolate! What more could you hope for. I don’t like to take the time to make the real caramel apples because I create quite a mess in the kitchen. Just ask my husband (and it is his kitchen!)
So, I rely on this quick and simple recipe when I just have to have a caramel apple.
Easy Caramel Apples
- 4 apples (a good baking type such as McIntosh)
- 12 caramel candy pieces (cut in half)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate pieces
- Pre-heat the over to 375 degrees.
- Cut about a 1/2 inch off the top of the apple to provide a flat top for the goodies. Carefully cut out the core. (If you use an apple corer, be sure to put the bottom part of the apple core back in the bottom of the apple as a plug so the melted caramel won’t run out.)
- Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Stuff each apple with 6 of the candy pieces
- Brush the apple tops with butter
- Bake about 40 minutes or until apples are softened and caramel is melted.
- When the apples are out of the oven, top them with your choice of toppings.
- Let cool about 15 minutes and ENJOY!