Combine egg white, salt and pepper in bowl; mix well. Dip onion rings into egg mixture. Coat the rings with bread crumbs. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Approximately 4 servings.
Dunk-it Chicken Nuggets
This recipe is baked rather than deep-fried, making it healthier and less greasy.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 3/4 cups stuffing mix, such as herb-seasoned
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 3 tablespoons margarine – melted
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Crush the stuffing mix into small pieces. Add grated Parmesan cheese, mix well, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine melted margarine, buttermilk, and pepper. Mix well, and set aside.
- Rinse and dry chicken breasts. Cut chicken into approximately 16 chunks. Keep the size of the chunks as uniform as possible so they will bake uniformly.
- Dip each chicken chunk into buttermilk mixture and let excess drip off. Roll the chunks into the crumbs until evenly coated.
- Place coated nuggets on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake nuggets at 450 degrees for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.