One of my favorite side dishes is the Green Bean Casserole. I think it is because of the French Fried Onions! Imagine how excited I was to see a recipe for Crunchy Onion Chicken in a magazine. This recipe was originally from French’s, but I changed it a bit to add some extra seasoning. It is quick and the chicken comes out moist! ENJOY!
Crunchy Onion Chicken
- 2 cups French’s French Fried Onions (plus some for garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne to taste.
- Put the flour and French fried onions in a plastic bag. Crush them until they are pretty fine. Add your desired seasonings to the bag.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the beaten egg then into the onion crumbs.
- Place chicken in a baking dish.
- When you have done all the chicken pour any remaining crumbs on top. I sprinkled some whole French fried onions on top.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes at 400 degrees F on a middle shelf. Depending on the size of your chicken, you may need to cook longer, until a meat thermometer shows at least 165.