Soup is good any time of the year! Here is a great recipe for your crock pot slow cooker so while you are away, your dinner is being prepared.
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds) cut into one-half inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 5 carrots, sliced thin
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cans ( 14 oz each) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) beef broth
- 2 can (10-11 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 T. sugar*
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
*Healthy Option: unrefined sugar (Sucanat or Rapadura)
Brown the steak and onions in oil in a large skillet. Drain. Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rolls and lettuce salad for a well-rounded meal.